Friday, October 24, 2008
From the Apple Press Release -
"Apple is publicly opposing Proposition 8 and making a donation of $100,000 to the No on 8 campaign. Apple was among the first California companies to offer equal rights and benefits to our employees’ same-sex partners, and we strongly believe that a person’s fundamental rights — including the right to marry — should not be affected by their sexual orientation. Apple views this as a civil rights issue, rather than just a political issue, and is therefore speaking out publicly against Proposition 8."
There is no "right to marry" under the Constitution for homosexuals or anyone else. They do have a right under California Law to form domestic partnerships. That is not good enough for them. Four California Supreme Court Judges overturned a law passed by the people defining marriage as between one man and one woman. This Constitutional Amendment overturns that Supreme Court ruling.
Apple should stay out of politics. This offends me. I buy computers, lots of them. No point in offending me.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
This is not a bad thing.
First, never trust a man named after a body part. (I realize colon is spelled with an “o”)
Second, I have no idea what Powell was like as a Company Commander in Viet Nam. I did not meet him until he was a LTC in Europe. After that, I know. Like the dwarfs, Powell has always been for Powell. He was then, has been and always will be a liberal politician with no sense of direction. He laments one thing, pursues another. He fired Norman Schwarzkopf for providing the President his opinion when asked. The man who singlehandedly kept Desert One from being a victory. The man who cut the legs from under the anti-Sadamn forces. For some reason, George W. Bush picked him as Secretary of State, a job he was eminently qualified for as he has always put the views of his principal above any principals he might or might not have. As soon as he was relieved of that job, he began stabbing his former boss in the back.
Anyone who things being endorsed by Powell means anything positive was going to vote for 0bama anyway.
Colin Powell, a man of no integrity, whose name lives in infamy. A general who has no followers. No one would follow Powell to the Gates of Hell because they would know he had already made a deal with the devil.
What a loser!
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Huntley Brown is a popular Christian music artist a who wrote this email to some friends who were inquiring if he was going to vote for Senator Barack Obama. He said he has problems with both candidates, but the differences he has with Senator McCain pale in comparison with the ones he has with Senator Obama.
Brown did not write this email to influence public opinion nor did he expect his response to be forwarded to others which resulted in wide distribution of his opinion on the super information highway. No matter the outcome of this election, Brown said as a Christian, he could be counted to support the President in prayer every day.
A few months ago I was asked for my perspective on Obama, I sent out an email with a few points. With the election just around the corner I decided to complete my perspective. Those of you on my e-list have seen some of this before but it's worth repeating...
First, I must say whoever wins the election will have my prayer support. Obama needs to be commended for his accomplishments but I need to explain why I will not be voting for him.
Many of my friends process their identity through their blackness. I process my identity through Christ. Being a Christian (a Christ follower) means He leads I follow. I can't dictate the terms He does because He is the leader.
I can't vote black because I am black; I have to vote Christian because that's who I am. Christian first, black second. Neither should anyone from the other ethnic groups vote because of ethnicity. 200 years from now I won't be asked if I was black or white. I will be asked if I knew Jesus and accepted Him as Lord and Savior.
In an election there are many issues to consider but when a society gets abortion, same-sex marriage, embryonic stem-cell research, human cloning to name a few, wrong economic concerns will soon not matter.
We need to follow Martin Luther King's words, don't judge someone by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. I don't know Obama so all I can go on is his voting record. His voting record earned him the title of the most liberal senator in the US Senate in 2007. Check it out here: http://nj.nationaljournal.com/voteratings/
To beat Ted Kennedy and Hilary Clinton as the most liberal senator, takes some doing. Obama accomplished this feat in 2 short years. I wonder what would happen to America if he had four years to work with.
There is a reason Planned Parenthood gives him a 100 % rating.
There is a reason the homosexual community supports him.
There is a reason Ahmadinejad, Chavez, Castro, Hamas etc. love him.
There is a reason he said he would nominate liberal judges to the Supreme Court.
There is a reason he voted against the infanticide bill.
There is a reason he voted No on the constitutional ban of same-sex marriage.
There is a reason he voted No on banning partial birth abortion.
There is a reason he voted No on confirming Justices Roberts and Alito. These two judges are conservatives and they have since overturned partial birth abortion. The same practice Obama wanted to continue.
Let's take a look at the practice he wanted to continue. The 5 Step Partial Birth Abortion procedures:
A. Guided by ultrasound, the abortionist grabs the baby's leg with forceps. (Remember this is a live baby)
B. The baby's leg is pulled out into the birth canal.
C. The abortionist delivers the baby's entire body, except for the head.
D. The abortionist jams scissors into the baby's skull. The scissors are then opened to enlarge the hole.
E. The scissors are removed and a suction catheter is inserted. The child's brains are sucked out, causing the skull to collapse. The dead baby is then removed.
There is a reason Obama opposed the parental notification law. Think about this: You can't give a kid an aspirin without parental notification but that same kid can have an abortion without parental notification. This is insane.
There is a reason he went to Jeremiah Wright's church for 20 years. Obama tells us he has good judgment but he sat under Jeremiah Wright teaching for 20 years. Now he is condemning Wright's sermons. I wonder why now? Obama said Jeremiah Wright led him to the Lord and discipled him. A disciple is one in training.
Jesus told us in Matthew 28:19 - 20 'Go and make disciples of all nations.' This means reproduce yourself. Teach people to think like you, walk like you; talk like you, believe what you believe etc. The question I have is what did Jeremiah Wright teach him?
Would you support a White President who went to a church which has tenets that said they have a
1. Commitment to the White Community
2. Commitment to the White Family
3. Adherence to the White Work Ethic
4. Pledge to make the fruits of all developing and acquired skills available to the White Community.
5. Pledge to Allocate Regularly, a Portion of Personal Resources for Strengthening and Supporting White Institutions
6. Pledge allegiance to all White leadership who espouse and embrace the White Value System
7. Personal commitment to embracement of the White Value System.
Would you support a President who went to a church like that?
Just change the word from white to black and you have the tenets of Obama's former church. If President Bush was a member of a church like this, he would be called a racist. Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton would have been marching outside. This kind of church is a racist church.
Obama did not wake up after 20 years and just discover he went to a racist church.
The church can't be about race. Jesus did not come for any particular race. He came for the whole world. A church can't have a value system based on race. The churches value system has to be based on biblical mandate. It does not matter if it's a white church or a black church it's still wrong. Anyone from either race that attends a church like this would never get my vote.
Obama's former Pastor Jeremiah Wright is a disciple of liberal theologian James Cone, author of the 1970 book A Black Theology of Liberation. Cone once wrote: 'Black theology refuses to accept a God who is not identified totally with the goals of the black community. If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him. ' Cone is the man Obama's mentor looks up to. Does Obama believe this?
So what does all this mean for the nation?
In the past when the Lord brought someone with the beliefs of Obama to lead a nation it meant one thing - judgment.
Read 1 Samuel 8 when Israel asked for a king.
First God says in 1 Samuel 1:9 'Now listen to them; but warn them solemnly and let them know what the king who will reign over them will do.' Then God says 1 Samuel 1:18 ' When that day comes, you will cry out for relief from the king you have chosen, and the LORD will not answer you in that day.' 19 But the people refused to listen to Samuel. 'No!' they said. 'We want a king over us. 20 Then we will be like all the other nations, with a king to lead us and to go out before us and fight our battles.' 21 When Samuel heard all that the people said, he repeated it before the LORD. 22 The LORD answered, 'Listen to them and give them a king.'
Here is what we know for sure. God is not schizophrenic He would not tell one person to vote for Obama and one to vote for McCain. As the scripture says, a city divided against itself cannot stand, so obviously many people are not hearing from God. Maybe I am the one not hearing but I know God does not change and Obama contradicts many things I read in scripture so I doubt it.
For all my friends who are voting for Obama can you really look God in the face and say; Father based on your word, I am voting for Obama even though I know he will continue the genocidal practice of partial birth abortion. He might have to nominate three or four Supreme Court justices, and I am sure he will be nominating liberal judges who will be making laws that are against you. I also know he will continue to push for homosexual rights, even though you destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for this. I know I can look the other way because of the economy.
I could not see Jesus agreeing with many of Obama's positions. Finally I have two questions for all my liberal friends. Since we know someone's value system has to be placed on the nation,
1. Whose value system should be placed on the nation.
2. Who should determine that this is the right value system for the nation?
Blessings, Huntley Brown
Monday, October 06, 2008
When you see Arlington National Cemetery, World War II, Korean War and Vietnam Memorials, do you truly appreciate the sacrifice those men gave for our country by giving their lives so we might live free?
We stand with our heads above water because we stand on the shoulders of giants like them. We should never forget for even one millisecond the tremendous sacrifices made for our freedom. Freedom is not free. It never was and it never will be. Those to whom the monuments are dedicated gave all they had for this country. Not only did they give their future for ours, but their families' future. Never ever forget that, not for one millisecond. Those who answer the call to arms are those to whom the country owes a debt it can never pay. Each and every one put their country before themselves, their family and their fortune that we might be free. Not only did they give their lives, but they gave their mobility, their limbs, their minds, they gave precious time with their wives, sons and daughters that we might live free.
Charge your glass, raise it high. Drink to them.
Friday, October 03, 2008
1. TAX VOTE: Biden said McCain voted “the exact same way” as Obama to increase taxes on Americans earning just $42,000, but McCain DID NOT VOTE THAT WAY.
2. AHMEDINIJAD MEETING: Joe Biden lied when he said that Barack Obama never said that he would sit down unconditionally with Mahmoud Ahmedinijad of Iran. Barack Obama did say specifically, and Joe Biden attacked him for it.
3. OFFSHORE OIL DRILLING: Biden said, “Drill we must.” But Biden has opposed offshore drilling and even compared offshore drilling to “raping” the Outer Continental Shelf.”
4. TROOP FUNDING: Joe Biden lied when he indicated that John McCain and Barack Obama voted the same way against funding the troops in the field. John McCain opposed a bill that included a timeline, that the President of the United States had already said he would veto regardless of it’s passage.
5. OPPOSING CLEAN COAL: Biden says he’s always been for clean coal, but he just told a voter that he is against clean coal and any new coal plants in America and has a record of voting against clean coal and coal in the U.S. Senate.
6. ALERNATIVE ENERGY VOTES: According to FactCheck.org, Biden is exaggerating and overstating John McCain’s record voting for alternative energy when he says he voted against it 23 times.
7. HEALTH INSURANCE: Biden falsely said McCain will raise taxes on people’s health insurance coverage — they get a tax credit to offset any tax hike. Independent fact checkers have confirmed this attack is false
8. OIL TAXES: Biden falsely said Palin supported a windfall profits tax in Alaska — she reformed the state tax and revenue system, it’s not a windfall profits tax.
9. AFGHANISTAN / GEN. MCKIERNAN COMMENTS: Biden said that top military commander in Iraq said the principles of the surge could not be applied to Afghanistan, but the commander of NATO’s International Security Assistance Force Gen. David D. McKiernan said that there were principles of the surge strategy, including working with tribes, that could be applied in Afghanistan.
10. REGULATION: Biden falsely said McCain weakened regulation — he actually called for more regulation on Fannie and Freddie.
11. IRAQ: When Joe Biden lied when he said that John McCain was “dead wrong on Iraq”, because Joe Biden shared the same vote to authorize the war and differed on the surge strategy where they John McCain has been proven right.
12. TAX INCREASES: Biden said Americans earning less than $250,000 wouldn’t see higher taxes, but the Obama-Biden tax plan would raise taxes on individuals making $200,000 or more.
13. BAILOUT: Biden said the economic rescue legislation matches the four principles that Obama laid out, but in reality it doesn’t meet two of the four principles that Obama outlined on Sept. 19, which were that it include an emergency economic stimulus package, and that it be part of “part of a globally coordinated effort with our partners in the G-20.”
14. REAGAN TAX RATES: Biden is wrong in saying that under Obama, Americans won’t pay any more in taxes then they did under Reagan.
The Democrats are the party of the poor and the downtrodden. As long as you are happy being poor and downtrodden, you should vote Democrat.
In addition, isn't it interesting the Republicans bet the Union on freeing slaves (Civil War). The Democrats still had segregation as their official party plank until after the 1948 election. Democrats resisted the Civil Rights Act of 1964, finally passed by the Republicans. Democrats feel blacks can only exist with government protection and favoritism (note how ZeroBama got into Harvard). Note also, the Democrat’s position is remarkably similar to that of the Klu Klux Klan, not surprising in that they founded the KKK. Republicans choose the best qualified. That is why JC Watt, Colin Powell and Condelezza Rice aren't "black."
We are in the credit problem because of affirmative actions by Democrats, specifically Barney Frank, Joe Biden and ZeroBama, in resisting changes in regulatory environment and rules proposed by Republicans, specifically George Bush and John McCain. Yet, the problem is all the fault of George Bush and John McCain.
Let’s review the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Campaign Contributions:
Chris Dodd (S-D-CT) $165,400.00
Barack Obama (S-D-IL) $126,349.00
John Kerry (S-D-MA) $111,000.00
Harry Reid (S-D-NV) $77,000.00
Barney Frank (H-D-MA) $42,350.00
First question, if Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are Government Sponsored Entities, what are they doing making Campaign Contributions? Second question, why are the Democrats who hold the only solution the biggest recipients of their largesse? I thought Barack Obama “warned us about this two years ago.”
John McCain sponsored legislation two years ago that would have increase oversight and tightened up lending requirements. Chris Dodd and Barney Frank kept the legislation in committee, never to see the light of day. Don’t remember those names? Look at the list above.
John McCain has been in Washington too long, 22 years. Sarah Palin has no experience, she was only a business owner, mayor and governor. She is the only one so far who suggested that if you can only afford a $100,000.00 house, perhaps you should not buy a $300,000.00 house. A more apt observation is yet to be made on the "crisis."
ZeroBama brings a fresh look to the presidency, he was elected senator about the same time Palin became governor. She ran the state every day, he managed to get to work 147 times. Joe Biden has invaluable experience, he as been a senator for 32 years.
If you have not puked yet, the headline Obama Fights Poverty $28,500 At a Time
Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama took a hard-lined stand on 16 September 2008 for the poor and downcast. Knowing that if Big Government doesn't look out for the little guy no one will, Obama attended a fundraiser which had an attendance price of $28,500 per head. It is not known whether or not the poor or downtrodden were invited. It is certain no one rode for free.
After writing this up, AP comes out with a story on it, quoting Obama: Standing in the courtyard of the palatial estate, he said his campaign was dedicated to people who need jobs and health care and worry about their pensions and sending children to college. "It's about those who will never see the inside of a building like this," Obama said.
* Barack Obama has put out an ad that simple minded John McCain cannot use a computer. [He has much difficulty typing due to torture by the North Vietnamese]
* John McCain has not bothered to point out the world's savior, Barack, cannot land a jet fighter on an aircraft carrier at night.
Double Standard - NO!