In two columns, posted at WorldNetDaily this week, Pat Buchanan accused President Bush of being a puppet of nefarious Jewish warmongers. Nothing sets Buchanan’s imagination racing like a Bush-backed Israeli war. On Tuesday, Pat asked, “Who is whispering in his ear?” His answer: bloodthirsty Hebrews.
“That Tel Aviv is maneuvering us to fight its wars is understandable. That Americans are ignorant of, or complicit in this, is deplorable.”
This occurred after “Israel instructed the United States to terminate all aid to the Palestinian Authority,” and “Our Crawford cowboy meekly complied.” In an overtly ethnic reference, he added, “Bush sounded less like the leader of the Free World than some bellicose city councilman from Brooklyn Heights.”
In Thursday’s column, entitled “No, This is Not ‘Our War,’” Buchanan writes America is “impotent” because “we have allowed Israelto dictate to whom we may and may not talk.”
Worse, blood-drenched Jews are using America equipment to commit war crimes. “Israeli airstrikes [are] an outlawed form of collective punishment, that has left [Hezbollah supporters] with no sanitation, rotting food, impure water and days without light or electricity in the horrible heat of July.” (Days without light in July?)
He sagely concludes: “And we wonder why they hate us.”
I am a bit offended by the reference to paleoconservatives and Pat Buchanan in same sentence. I presume the paleo… refers to "old" and then ties in conservative.
Pat Buchanan is a populist, one of those who the founding father hoped to protect us against when they did not make this a democracy, but rather a constitutional democratic republic. The function of the Constitution in a large part is to stabilize the government and protect the minority from the tyranny of the majority.
In addition to being a populist, Pat Buchanan is either a devil buddy or a fool.
The Israelis have tried since the the year 33AD to make people like them by being timid. They ignored the instructions in the Old Testament, their Torah; they ignored the lessons of the Inquisition; they ignored the lessons of the Holocaust; they ignored the lessons of the first seven Arab-Israeli wars, which were really Muslim-Israeli wars. Seven wars, the Israelis won each one of them. There are still Muslims left. How many Jews would be left if the Muslims won one war?
The Israelis need to listen to history. Those who are ignorant of history are doomed to repeat it; repeat it they certainly have.
The Israelis need to:
• Tell the Muslim world that they have a right to exist;
• Tell the Muslims that they will no longer accept Muslim violence passively;
• Tell the Muslims in advance that they will annex permanently any territory that harbors perpetrators of violence against Israel, but not annex the people; they will drive the people out and it will become Israeli territory forever;
• Tell the world this is a new dawn, Israel will no longer beg for mercy;
• Put their fighters on Victor alert;
• Tell Europe in no uncertain terms the Victor alert fighters will nuke the European capitals as well as the Muslim world in the event of a war that the Israelis appear to be losing;
• Name every operation with code words like FAT BOY, LITTLE MAN, SUNRISE, MUSHROOM and the like, just to make sure the world groks the plan in its fullness;
• Remind the world of Masada and tell them the sword goes out first this time;
• Strike the heart of any nation who allows violence to cross their borders into Israel.
It is well known that Muslims are either at your throat or at your feet. The word of Allah, as interpreted by the Wahabbist, leaves no room for other religions, thus there is no room for other religions. Thus, either you kill them, or they kill you.
Let there be no misunderstanding; no talk of compromise; no talk of love without love in return.
Give violence a chance.